The next Doctors Goodwill Foundation Medical Terminology Spelling Bee will be held Saturday, November 5, 2016, 2 pm at The Melbourne Hilton Rialto.
For students in grades 5-12. Free admission and entry. This medical educational event is designed to encourage and foster STEMed (Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine) learning for children in Brevard. Prizes, certificates and medals are awarded in three age divisions. This is an inspiring competition for our community’s children to enjoy, learn and capture the passion of the medical profession.
Elementary – 5-6
Middle School – 7-8
High School – 9-12
RULES AND PRIZES:
– Participants should arrive by 1 p.m. Volunteers will direct you to the Spelling Bee area.
– Individual Prizes for First/Second/Third will be awarded in each category.
First Place – Trophy, Apple Watch
Second Place – Trophy, TBD
Third Place – Trophy, TBD
Study Guides – Click below
Resources: Please look up pronunciation on:
DGF helps to support community students interested in furthering healthcare education with scholarships.
2015 First and Second-Place Winners
• Elementary School level – 1st place:
• Middle School level – 1st place
• High School level – 1st place
2014 First and Second-Place Winners Were:
• Elementary School level – 1st place: Krishna Tewatia of Stevenson Elementary
• Middle School level – 1st place Brandon Bartley of Central Middle School , 2nd place Ana Lisa Ally
• High School level – 1st place Mary Horton, homeschooler, 2nd place Sajan Gutta
Winners received trophies and cash prizes, and all contestants won prize bags with illustrated medical study books and additional items.